Monday, March 13, 2006

Snow Day!


Yay for snow, yay for skis, yay for dates in the snow on skis. I don't think we were gone for more than 20 minutes, but it was wonderful. Some friends invited us up to play in the snow at their house in the mountains today. They baby-sat the girls while hubby and I tried cross-country skiing for the first time. I learned that I love cross-country skiing. My husband learned that I sound something like a yelping poodle when I trip over my own skis. I had no idea how much exercise I was getting until after we settled down indoors in front of a fire. Then, all of a sudden, my legs felt like jello. I grew up in the Colorodo Rockies, but today was the first time I'd put skis. The ski resorts are horribly expensive and if you live in an expensive area, it's hard to come up with the money every year for tickets, gear, gas, food...it turns into a weekend trip actually. So, I've never been.

Isn't this beautiful? *sigh* Today was wonderful. We don't really get snow at our house, so this was a wonderful change of scenery. My older daughter doesn't remember sledding last year, so I'm glad we got to take her again.

This is our puppy having a wonderful time (and also the tops of my girls hats). Watching dogs run in the snow is almost as much fun as watching them run on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home